Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Three R's: Resources, Registration and Rediculous Heat

Resources.....

Two wonderful teachers have created a page with a wonderful resource - a page full of 2nd grade blogs!!!!!! They just started it up and plan on offering a place for all the teachers to share and collaborate. Head on over and check it out!!




Registration.....

Today is registration and I am SO excited!! The sight of those kiddos coming in, getting all excited about coming to school!! I get to go in and 'work' this afternoon and I can't wait. :) We have always done it at our school in our gym. However, who wants to come into a gym that is 90 degrees??? Not this girl! They always have the doors open and the fans on but no matter what, you get discusting! (none of our buildings have air except the jr.high/district office) So, this year we are changing it up. Registration for all 7 schools (3 K-2, 3 3-5 & Jr. High) is all going to be at the Jr. High! I am excited about being in the air but I am a little curious about how organized this is going to be and how its going to go.

Rediculous Heat....

Okay, I know other people have said this but it is HOT!!! Don't get me wrong, I love summer, I love heat and I hate being cold. But when I have to bring my dog in after five minutes to prevent heat stroke and I am already drenched in sweat, its just rediculous! I feel like I've spent 90% of my summer inside. :(

On that note.... I am going to finish cutting up my laminate stuff, shower and probably head to school. My classroom is almost ready and we start on the 18th! What am I going to do?? Probably blog stalk and possibly create some things from Pinterest.... who knows!

2 comments:

  1. I can't get the 2nd grade blogs. Is the link working?

    I can't believe you don't have AC in your schools. That always blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed the link! :)

    And I agree, I was there for an hour today, with the lights off, and I was DRENCHED!! Ewwwwww

    ReplyDelete