Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What I did this summer; an ode to making me feel better

In the last month I've been getting excited about going back to school - especially with all the blogs I've been stalking following and Pinterest which is ruling filling improving my life. Then, it occurred to me - today actually - that I essentially have one week left!! AHHHHH!!!!! I've spent my last few weeks on my laptop, creating, watching TV, relaxing, etc. and now I realize that I am cutting it close for planning time. On the plus side, two weeks ago I spent lots of hours in my room and I pretty much finished it minus a few details. I need to figure out my schedule and label items with student names but I don't have either one so at least I feel comfortable about that. I just all of a sudden feel like my summer flew away from me...

So, to make me feel better, here are some things I did this summer.....
We redid our main bathroom.... love the colors, they're SO relaxing! (I can't get it to turn, sorry)

My new 63 gallon tub.... its AMAZING.... I can't wait to use it after a long day of teaching!

My amazing (little) brother was commissioned into the Army as a Second Lieutenant... I am uber-proud of him! He is getting married memorial day weekend too!!

Went to the zoo with my parents... this is my hubby and my dad.... typical.


We went to Vegas and had a FANTASTIC time! :) (again, can't get it to turn - boo)
I also painted our bedroom/bathroom upstairs but apparently have not uploaded any pictures.... Oh well. I feel much better about my summer now. :) I also tutored and took two masters classes (which I also start up again next Thursday).

So, here is my plan for the next week and the one day.... I have a gyno appt tomorrow... boo. But, then I have a mani/pedi in the afternoon. I think I'll go into school in between. Then on Thursday I tutor for the last time - probably will go into school then as well. Friday I have a haircut/color! VERY excited about that. I'm going boating this Saturday with some close friends and people I don't know. :) Then I've just got next week; Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to figure everything out.

What have I been doing with myself??? Oh, besides all the above pictures, I've mostly been cuddling with this adorable guy.... It's going to be hard not to see him all day. I can't imagine how its going to be when I have kids!!

Oh, for those of you who read my last post - Teresa is doing a little bit better. Her kidneys have not shut down, they are just 'thinking about it.' She will be up at Mayo for a while but it was good to see her and spend some time with her. I am glad it is not as bad as I thought it was however, she is going to take a lot of prayers and healing to get better! Her good attitude and resilience amazes me every time I see her. She is constantly joking around with the nurses and her family and always has a smile on her face - even when she rates the pain at a 9! You would never guess how much pain she is in! She always makes me put my life into perspective and she will never know how much that really means to me!

3 comments: